PointsHoarder 5 – More Entertainment Than Ever Before!
At the encouragement of one of our listeners we decided to take on the world of IFE. With all the options out there available to us for travel with our hoards of points being able to pick which option is best can be hard. And IFE certainly plays in to the passenger experience.
But just how much?
Length: 36 minutes
- Southwest Airlines admits inflight Internet problems left customers, employees “frustrated” (APEX Editor’s Blog)
- VIDEO: Inside Panasonic Avionics’ new aircraft antenna manufacturing and testing facility (APEX Editor’s Blog)
- Gogo to acquire additional wireless spectrum (Wandering Aramean)
- Cathay Pacific considers removing IFE units to save fuel (Ghetto IFE)
- Is IFE really all that important to passengers? (Wandering Aramean)
- Seat space versus in-flight entertainment (Sydney Morning Herald)
- JetBlue, now with Even More Power!?! (Wandering Aramean)
Also, a couple minor updates/corrections from the podcast that I’ve since been able to verify:
- Ka is the faster of the K satellite bands.
- Panasonic expects to ramp up to 50 units/month, not 40 as mentioned, by early 2013. Still going to be 2 years before they can clear the backlog.