PointsHoarder 16: We killed that deal discussion!
So, who is to blame when a deal dies? That debate is all the rage these days and it seems that the discussions quickly lead to rage, at least amongst some participants. There’s money to be made – LOTS of money – from credit card sign-ups and many bloggers are big in that space these days. But are they to blame for deals ending abruptly? After all, if they kill a deal then they stop making money because the deal they’re “selling” is dead. It is an interesting situation and one that we take a rather calmer approach to discussing.
Also on this week’s episode, how to combine ITA’s search query syntax with the flight search site hipmunk.com to build a better mileage run. Plus new routes and delayed aircraft deliveries. Good stuff all around.
- Are Credit Card Bloggers ruining the world? (via FlyerTalk and an older – but still active – thread on MilePoint)
- United Airlines pushing out flights on the 787 (via Wandering Aramean)
- American Airlines delaying 77W into service due to issues with the first class seats (via APEX Magazine)
- Maximizing mileage run bookings via Hipmunk and ITA codes (via Wandering Aramean)
- Alaska Airlines introducing SAN-BOS/LIH
- JetBlue introducing ANC-SEA and JFK-ABQ