PointsHoarder 23: Partners are your friends
Partners are a key factor in maximizing value of points. This week’s episode talks about, among other things, two significant bits of partner news. First up, Alaska Airlines is finally offering one-way awards on partners; that’s a big upgrade in the MileagePlan program. The other major deal is that the Emirates/Qantas partnership is now online and, according to the people at Qantas, the benefits are huge to them. Oh, and some news on the American/US Air partnership/merger progress, too.
We also talk about new capacity at Narita and Trenton shutting down for a couple months, meaning Frontier has to cease operations during that time. Whoopsie.
I also managed to get a shameless plug for one of my new efforts into the show; check out Hack.Travel.
- Alaska Airlines One-way awards now available on partners
- US Immigration and Customs goes digital with the I-94 forms
- FAA Loosen Restrictions on electronic devices
- Narita opens more slots – open an hour later
- Frontier suspending Trenton Mercer – rebuilding runway 9/9-11/8
- Emirates / Qantas partnership is alive
- Hack.Travel: A curated view of the miles & points blogosphere
- Sequester shutting 149 airline towers
- AA Livery still up for change; bankruptcy court approved merger