We are on time this week but Seth is missing in Doha or maybe it’s Dubai today. A bunch of topics are covered in episode 38, including:
- Delta’s Stellar Earnings ($1.37 Billion)
- Double SkyMiles for Flights out of Seattle. As part of Delta’s growth out of Seattle they are offering double SkyMiles for flights between Seattle and San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas all the way through October of 2014.
- United Hit With a $1.1 million Tarmac Delay Fine. But, when you really dig into the details like Seth did, you see it was a much smaller fine.
- You can now earn United redeemable miles when flying Germanwings. The earning rates aren’t great and you won’t earn elite miles, but it is better than nothing.
- Fozz talks a bit about the yellow baggage handles that United sent out and his recent experiences.
- We discuss the new commercials being put out by British Airways, United, and American Airlines. There are some good ones, some not so good ones, and some where the marketing doesn’t match reality.
- Emirates is launching service to the Republic of Guinea. We had a little bit of trouble with the pronunciation of the locales but the flight will stop in Dakar before heading to Conarky. The flight will operate 4x a week on an Airbus A340-300.
- Lastly, Fozz and Rolo will be heading to World Travel Market from November 4 to November 7. If you’re in the area, be sure to send a message so they can buy you a beer and talk points and miles.