DLD 49: Happenings in Hamburg
Greetings from Hamburg, home of Aircraft Interiors Expo 2014. This week’s episode includes a couple special guests from RouteHappy.com, John Walton and Jason Rabinowitz. We’re talking all sorts of fun things with them related to airplanes, seats, IFE and more. Oh, and we’re recording in advance of the actual conference so it will be interesting to follow up later and see what actually happened compared to what we were thinking might.
- Changes are on the horizon for roaming charges in the EU. And by changes we mean they should disappear by the end of 2015. That’s great news for residents and visitors alike.
- The Delta Dartboard strikes again, but that’s OK because they’ve stepped up the game on their long-haul economy class service offerings. Will the small changes affect customer behavior? I mean, who doesn’t love ice cream??
- You can’t really sue a frequent flyer program under state law and the SCOTUS continues to believe that’s true. But they also recognize that the programs are changing and might be losing their protection under the Airline Deregulation Act if they aren’t careful.
- Should you carry your passport with you at all times? Stephan didn’t a couple weeks back and that cost him a reroute option via Canada. But there are risks, too.
- United had a super sale in advance of their typical summer business class sale to Europe. So, which of us is going where? Listen to find out.
- Connecting in Frankfurt can really suck. This is no surprise.
- And, as always, Rolo‘s Rant. This week he takes on Emirates, who is giving away a pretty crappy prize in exchange for a ton of spending and travel.
Also, I know I promised a photo from Istanbul as part of the recording. Unfortunately I don’t have that specific shot with me on this laptop so I cannot include it. I’ll get it in a later episode at some point. So I’m sharing this other shot from Istanbul instead. Enjoy.