DLD 59: Overrated
Which first class lounges are overrated? Depends on your point of view, obviously, but we’ve got a special guest on this week and he’s not too happy about a couple which are oft raved about in the online community. Josh Zepps, host of HuffPo Live, talks about those lounges and other bits of his RTW adventures in first class based on awards booked via United before the last devaluation and also in Qantas first class.
Also on the agenda this week:
- The Delta Dartboard is back in action. Why AMS-SLC? Because they can. Also, Stephan has a few other theories.
- Virgin America has filed for an IPO. And the filing is rather entertaining to read as they identify all the challenges they face. The part where they aren’t actually attracting their target market (as much as they can figure out who they are) is my favorite.
- United has a new safety video. It is cute. It is LONG.
- The TSA wants people to design a better checkpoint and is offering a cash prize. This guy on Reddit might get my vote. We do discuss the relative value of the different types of screening around the world, including the efficiency of a German groping.
- Ebola is making itself known again in Western Africa, including in the aviation sphere. That’s scary.
- Delta’s also got some new IFE options coming out on their aircraft, based on the Gogo Vision platform. But there’s more to the Delta Studio offering than just free TV for some passengers.
Lots more in there, too, as always.
Enjoy the show.