DLD 69: Mr. Tilton, I presume
Today we’re tackling a serious question from a former UA loyalist who is looking to spread his wings elsewhere. We’ll call him Mr. Tilton to protect the innocent.
Also on the show:
- Delta is rebranding their cabin names. But is anything really changing?
- Seth was on the inaugural United Airlines flight from Houston to Santiago, Chile. And it was not a party.
- JetBlue is going to try Cleveland on for size, adding service from Boston.
- United has changed the way GPUs are redeemed for travel on Lufthansa. As is always the case there are winners and losers with these GPU changes.
- Fozz takes over responsibility for this week’s rant segment. And we get a double dose, including systemic upgrade shenanigans on American Airlines.
- United is rolling out iPhones to all its flight attendants. Is this part of a massive new IBM/Apple partnership related to mobile systems and GDS integration or just another UA effort?
And there’s the question from Mr. Tilton of where he should accumulate points based on planned long-haul premium cabin travel next year, mostly on British Airways, Qatar Airways and Delta. You might be surprised at the answers we came up with.
Enjoy the show!