This week’s episode talks about new seats coming, some much more comfy that others. Also a promo on the horizon from SPG and American gives a nod to its history.
- American Airlines has new amenity kits on offer in business class through the next 12 months. The kits will honor the heritage of the company, representing all the brands which now make up the carrier. Three kits will be used for four months each, through January 2016
- United Airlines is rumored to be considering revamping the seats on its 777-200 (77A) aircraft. And it is going to get mighty tight in the back; the report says United will move from the current 2-5-2 (or 3-3-3, depending on which planes get changed) seat layout to 3-4-3. That’s an extra seat in each row and a whole lot of squeeze on customers.
- At the same time as UA is squeezing more seats in Singapore Airlines announced a new Premium Economy cabin which will launch in August. And it looks spectacularly mediocre.
- Two cool videos worth watching, one from the Bangkok Airport and one from KLM.
- SPG is going to have a new option for guests who get 50 nights in a year. But the company isn’t talking about what it is just yet. So that could be awesome. Or not.
Enjoy the show!