All four hosts are back this week and we’ve got plenty to talk about, including systems outages, mistake fares, fleet shuffles and trip planning.
- American Airlines has had a few systems outages, particularly with the AAdvantage program, in recent months. Is the merger progressing as smoothly as AA is trying to convince everyone it is?
- There have been a bunch of mistakes related to fares in the oneworld realm lately, including many premium cabin deals. Some are being honored while others are not. As a consumer it is getting harder and harder to tell what the airlines really think is a mistake and what is just a good sale. Especially with inconsistent behavior by the carriers after the fact.
- United Airlines is shifting a bunch of 787s to California. LAX will be all 787 for long-haul by mid-2016 and SFO is getting plenty as well, plus concentrating the 747s at the main west coast gateway.
- At what price point is it worth buying out of a middle seat? Or redeeming for a domestic economy class award. Not surprisingly we have slightly different views on the topic, but I think we all ended up with the same conclusion in this particular example.
- Have safety videos jumped the shark? We talk about the new Delta, United, Hawaiian and China Eastern offerings.
All that and more in this week’s show. Enjoy!