DLD 95: Tokyo, Flying Shamrocks and Merger Mania
- Frankfurt is growing, adding a new terminal expected to open in 7 years. But no more runway space, questionable connections to the new terminal and plenty of time to either mess things up or prove that the Berlin debacle is an isolated incident.
- Air Canada is adding 787 service from Toronto to Seoul
- Delta is cutting its service to Dubai because SUBSIDIES!
- Lufthansa is trimming service to Tokyo
- Aer Lingus is adding three new routes including Hartford. And, not surprisingly, there’s money involved.
- Tokyo is this week’s focus as Rolo is en route and looking for suggestions. We offer up a few ideas, including an interesting hike amongst seven temples in the Asakusa neighborhood. Also, he might earn bonus points if he flies on ANA or United to Haneda.
- Starwood is in merger talks with pretty much everyone
- Avios were recently devalued for US customers
- Seth doesn’t like flying in middle seats, except when he does. Which is confusing.