DLD 128: On the road again, Hamburg edition
Tradition is important. In this case that tradition is drinking in Europe in the winter. And, as we have for several years now, recording an episode while in various stages of drunkenness. So here’s the 2017 edition from Hamburg…
- Heathrow is where we started the show, with some interesting slot swaps coming between Delta and Croatia Airlnes
- United is trimming service to Auckland and retiring its 747s faster than expected
- We all flew strange routes to get to Hamburg. Except Seth, who arrived by train and left by car because he’s a jerk.
- Hamburg. Duh! Awesome city to visit and the Airbus factory tour is pretty cool, among other things.
- Belarus also gets some love this week thanks to positive changes in visa rules
Also in this show:
- American Airlines is selling its Platinum Pro status
- Southwest slowed its major Companion Pass changes
- Fozz buys Stephan a present
- Seth geeks out over a rocket launch while we’re recording
- Steve joins again as a guest
- We drink more beer