DLD 150: Two eras ending but plenty of new routes
A(nother) loyalty partnership is dying and IATA admits it is slightly less relevant in one area. But plenty of new stuff coming to keep us interested.
- Alaska Airlines’ MileagePlan and American Airlines’ AAdvantage programs are breaking up. Not nearly as acrimonious as the Alaska/Delta split, but still annoying for customers.
- Why are YY fares dying? And what are they anyways?
- Boston is getting new service from Delta that may or may not be dartboard-related.
- Edelweiss is coming to Denver
- Norwegian is going everywhere, including new London flights that take on legacies
- Budapest is getting service to the USA again, and the operator might surprise you
This week’s episode is sponsored by 23andme.com/DLD. Enter to win a trip now through August third.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal U.S. residents, 18 or older. Ends August third. Must complete the 23andMe Service. Visit 23andme.com/rules for free entry.