Welcome to Episode 6 of the PointsHoarder podcast where we’re focusing on oneworld and redemption through the Avios program of British Airways and Iberia. Turns out that it doesn’t completely suck.
There’s also some discussions on route cuts at Delta and United and a few other bits, too.
A HUGE thanks to the awesome CCHeim for the great new intro and outro recordings. We almost sound cool now. 😀
Length: 36 minutes
- Avios Redemption Calculator (Wandering Aramean)
- TAM makes it official: They’re leaving Star Alliance (Wandering Aramean)
- American Airlines adds Qantas as an online award redemption partner (Wandering Aramean)
- TSA PreCheck FAQ (TSA.gov)
- United cuts route to Paris in the fall (Houston Chronicle)
- Delta continues to trim hubs; Memphis on the chopping block this summer (Wandering Aramean)
- Memphis’ mayor meets with Delta CEO after flights canceled (Atlanta Business Journal)
Also, one minor addition to the podcast that I forgot to mention in the original discussion: If at all possible, redeem Avios via Iberia rather than British Airways. You’ll likely save a lot of cash on the fuel surcharge side of things.