Looking to earn a few extra points and also help out with the recovery from Hurricane Sandy? Lots of airlines and hotels are getting in on the action, offering to match donations or bonus points if you give. Some have enabled points to be donated and others are looking at cash donations instead. All of them are worth looking at. I compiled a list the other day on The Wandering Aramean and I’m reporting it here now, too:
- JetBlue is matching customer donations up to the first $50,000 donated to the American Red Cross and also offering 6 points per dollar to their TrueBlue members. JetBlue is also making their presence felt on the ground in New York City, paying for meals from the Wafels & Dinges food trucks to be distributed to residents.
- Delta is donating $100,000 to the American Red Cross relief efforts. Additionally, SkyMiles members can also donate miles or money to the Red Cross; there does not appear to be any miles promo associated with it at this time.
- United Airlines is matching up to $100,000 in donations to three charities: the American Red Cross, Feeding America and AmeriCares. As of this morning their member have already donated more than $300,000 to the charities so the match is maxed out. Additionally, members who give a minimum of $50 will receive 250 bonus miles. Donations of $100 or more will receive 500 miles. The company will issue up to 5 million miles as part of the effort.
- American Airlines is offering 250 AAdvantage miles to members who donate $50 and 500 miles to members who donate $100 or more.
- Hilton is offering 10 HHonors points for every $1 donated (through their GlobalGiving site) through the end of the year.
- Starwood Preferred Guest will match points donations made to the American Red Cross through November 30th. Donations start at 2,000 SPG points.
- Salvation Army accepts donations of United and Delta miles with a minimum of 1,000 miles.
- When you make charity donations using your US Bank FlexPerks card, you earn 3x for your donation.
The other thing worth mentioning is that a group of 6 bloggers on Boarding Area (including me) are cooperating to generate donations for relief efforts. Just leave a comment on the posts there and each comment will represent a one dollar donation. Generating $6 in donations couldn’t be easier!
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.