Remember that Norwegian 737 that diverted to Shiraz, Iran a couple months ago with an engine issue? She’s finally back after the embargo restrictions were relaxed enough to get a replacement installed.
Also in this episode:
- Expedia and United are fighting over fare display and fees and who really wins other than the lawyers??
- OTA Kiwi will help passengers out when booking throw away tickets. Maybe. In some form or another. Oh, and it might not tell them that’s what they’re booking.
- Haneda opened up a dozen new slots for US carriers. The airlines wanted 19. Who and where and what are going on there?
- Southwest Airlines is seeing an unusually high number of flights delayed or canceled due to maintenance issues. Management is, unsurprisingly, not happy about the situation. Is it a work action or a real problem??
- American Airlines added some luxury options for passengers in the terminals, upping its Five Star service to include a Flagship Dining option. Real luxury or just a way to grab better ancillary revenue than selling checked bags??
And, as always, plenty more inside. Enjoy the show!