Remember that Norwegian 737 that diverted to Shiraz, Iran a couple months ago with an engine issue? She’s finally back after the embargo restrictions were relaxed enough to get a replacement installed.
Also in this episode:
- Expedia and United are fighting over fare display and fees and who really wins other than the lawyers??
- OTA Kiwi will help passengers out when booking throw away tickets. Maybe. In some form or another. Oh, and it might not tell them that’s what they’re booking.
- Haneda opened up a dozen new slots for US carriers. The airlines wanted 19. Who and where and what are going on there?
- Southwest Airlines is seeing an unusually high number of flights delayed or canceled due to maintenance issues. Management is, unsurprisingly, not happy about the situation. Is it a work action or a real problem??
- American Airlines added some luxury options for passengers in the terminals, upping its Five Star service to include a Flagship Dining option. Real luxury or just a way to grab better ancillary revenue than selling checked bags??
And, as always, plenty more inside. Enjoy the show!
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.