Sorry for the delay this week; had some technical challenges that finally got resolved. The good news is that we kept adding content into the list of stories to discuss. Enjoy!
Among this week’s story:
- Monarch is finally really out of business, with some interesting anecdotes around the process
- Air Berlin is killing everything long-haul; EasyJet and Lufthansa are circling to pick up the pieces
- American Airlines is never going to lose money again according to CEO Doug Parker
- Qatar Airways is investing in an Italian airline. Because that always goes so well.
- China Airlines is set to fly between Ontario, California and Taipei in Spring 2018
- Cal Air/Elite Airways is flying between Las Vegas and Carlsbad, CA
- Emirates and flyDubai are (finally) getting closer to each other, with codeshare operations starting later this month
- Turkish booked a big order for 787s; we’re trying to figure out where they’ll all fly
- Catalonia wants to be independent and Spain is (not surprisingly) opposed to the idea. And Seth is on the way there in a couple weeks. Oops.
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.