Is it episode number 2 or number 48? And why the new name? Also, do any of us know what the heck is going on?? Answers to these questions and more in this week’s episode of Dots, Lines and Destinations.
Other topics in the show include:
- Samsung & GoGo have paired up to offer a free year of Gogo in-flight for new tablet purchases.
- Malaysian Airlines flight 370 was formally declared lost and initial payments were made to the families of the missing passengers. We talk briefly about the trigonometry used to help try to find the plane thanks to Inmarsat. Some cool math & science going on there.
- Norwegian Airlines has crazy low fares and lots of additional fees. United & Delta are participating in some of the fare wars Norwegian has started. More details in the Mileage Run forum on FlyerTalk, among other places.
- Seth went to Norway. It was fun but also expensive. No trip report written yet so this is the first time some of these stories have been told.
- Emirates is cutting flights to Clark International Airport, supposedly due to higher fuel taxes. Among other things, we spend some time figuring out where the heck Clark International Airport is.
- Uber opens in Auckland. Get your affiliate links ready!
- Delta finally published some of their reward charts for the new 5-tier program. What’s your take on the new numbers? We certainly have opinions.
- Upcoming trips for all of us, including some fun planning for a trip to Germany.
And, perhaps most important, the latest iteration of what we hope will become a regular occurrence on the show: The Rolo Rant. This week’s version is focused on security theater in Panama.