Welcome to a special edition of the Dots, Lines & Destinations podcast. This week we recorded on-site at the APEX Expo in Anaheim, California and we’re talking about nearly everything related to in-flight connectivity, entertainment, food, amenities and much more. The episode is a bit longer than usual (just under an hour) and includes a whole bunch of special guests. The goal was to get industry experts on the recording talking about the news which came out this week which will matter to passengers over the next several years. And I think we did a darn good job of that.
There was also a bit of hunting for “sponsors” for the episode. In my view that basically meant people to give me free booze during the afternoon so I was more comfortable in getting the recording done. As an added bonus we actually ended up with some prizes to give away from some of the vendors. We’ve got goodies from Gogo and from Intervine (not actual wine; sorry) which you can win either by leaving a comment on this post or follow us on Twitter and send us an @ message saying what you found interesting in the episode. I’ve got lots to give away so your odds of winning are pretty good. Prizes will be awarded on 25 September 2014.
As for the show content, we split it up into five different segments:
- Cabin Interiors
- Mary Kirby – The Runway Girl and editor of the Runway Girl Network. Also generally the tallest woman in the room. @RunwayGirl
- John Walton – Runway Girl Network Contributor, Freelance journalist & @ThatJohn
- In-flight Entertainment
- Grant Martin – Business Travel Editor for Skift & @GrantKMartin
- Chelsea Bryan – RGN freelance journalist & @BlackAndBluePt2
- On-board comfort & Amenities
- Maryann Simson – Runway Girl Network Contributing Editor, Freelance journalist & Captain of the SS Enterprise; she’s also @JetwayMJ
- Tomás Romero – Another of the Runway Girls and @TNRomero
- Food & Drinks (IFSA and more)
- John Walton – Still @ThatJohn
- Chantal Berendsen – Academic over-achiever, Runway Girl and @CCBerendsen
- Internet & Connectivity
- Jason Rabinowitz – Industry pundit, Runway Girl, Plane spotter and @AirlineFlyer
- Mary Kirby – Still way taller than me
From a vendors perspective we talked about:
- BAE Systems
- Nuvino Wines
- Die Räucherei
- John Horsfall
And probably a few more. Lots of awesomeness there.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Thanks for the shoutout, and all of the excellent coverage this week!