- The 787 is a moving dot, with massive Rolls Royce engine issues. ANA is affected right now, but LAN, LOT, Norwegian, BA, Thai, Avianca, Virgin Atlantic, Scoot, Air New Zealand and Air China also use the RR engines. Oops.
- So many 787 lines coming up
- Delta launches Atlanta-Seoul
- JetBlue’s JFK-Milan codeshare on Emirates picked up the GSA contract. Guess which Atlanta-based airline is pissed about that.
- American is dropping a bunch of TATL routes ex-PHL/JFK/ORD
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Also, some discussion of the new Chase Sapphire Reserve card and if Stephan should get it or not.
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.
This is not the first time ANA has grounded its 787s, and I don’t refer to the issue of batteries. For a time both ANA and JAL pulled their 787s off flights to Southeast Asia during the heavy rain season after concerns that too much water was being injected into the RR engines causing issues inflight.
Very interesting! Do you remember what year that was? I did some quick searching but couldn’t find much.