Reporting on the Paris Air Show:
- Is the A380Plus for real? Probably not. (MAS A380 story mentioned in the show)
- Is the 737MAX10 a game-changer? Probably not, though a decent number of orders rolled in during the Paris Air Show 2017.
- Is Boom going to be successful with supersonic commercial flight? Probably not.
But at least it was scorching hot in Paris to lift our spirits in these discussions.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- Antwerp is awesome!
- Will Air Canada and United restart transborder Joint Venture talks?
- The US is looking to screw consumers by caving to airline pressure about fare display.
- SCOTUS is letting parts of the Trump Travel ban take effect.
- And new security rules for travel to the USA are coming, but we didn’t have much detail as we recorded.
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.
Just a note from a newer listener to let you know I’m happy I found your podcast. I do enjoy the random topics you all cover and have enjoyed listening to the last several episodes. Some of the news or things you have talked about I had not heard about before despite following the airline and aviation industry pretty closely. One major thought is I am absolutely shocked in the difference in your production quality (comparing to Aviation Week’s Check 6 Podcast which one would suppose was a professional business is pretty much unlistenable as a comparison) especially when you are in different locations. One request however is to just cut the profanity as I actually find it unnecessary because it doesn’t actually add anything to your conversation. I’m no prude and we hear those words all the time but maybe just think about some sensitivities in your audience. Thanks!
The moment I hit submit I remembered another thought is that I appreciate your healthy skepticism. In this episode specifically in regards to Boom and the C-130 in the commercial market. Both unique and I’m sure we wish them success in the little niche markets, but unlikely to be revolutions. Instead of just fawning over the press release and the grandiose claims as many do, I appreciate you discussing the details and then saying probably not; like many of the unrealistic city pairs.