Seth is in Hamburg, but Fozz and Stephan are debating what is the “east Bay” and what is the “south Bay”. Riveting stuff. Chime in with your opinion.
Also on tap this week:
- Alaska will be starting JFK-SJC, bringing competition to Delta’s relatively new flight and of course JetBlue.
- Alaska implements smaller carry-on luggage rules. Their justification is to line up with partner carry-on rules. We buy that.
- In what seems to be normal news these days, Delta was hit by a data breach. The main target looks to be credit cards, which raises the question, why weren’t they encrypted?
- HiFly, the charter carrier out of Spain, is buying two A380s. They aren’t changing the previous owner’s config though, which is interesting.
- AA is buying 47 new Boeing 787s. They are also putting their Max orders on hold. What does this mean for their Airbus fleet?