How long does it take to fly through each of the lower 48? Our guest this week did the trip as part of training for a pilots license and it was an incredible adventure.
Caroline Lupini took some time during the pandemic to work on getting a pilots license, but didn’t want to just do circuits at the local airport. So instead she set out with a friend (and flight instructor) to establish a new record for the fastest path through the Lower 48, including a landing in each state. And the stories she has to share from the trip are pretty awesome.
Oh, and they went to Alaska, too, so the trip really covered 49 states.
Also in this episode:
- Malaysia Airlines might finally be getting rid of its A380s
- Seaplane service launching between NYC and Boston
- Cruises are restarting from Florida, and you’ll need a mask, but not a vaccination to get on board
Note: There were some issues in the recording and we talk over each other more than normal. Sorry about that. Hopefully everything still makes as much sense as it ever does.
For our Patreon subscribers we have bonus content, including:
- The new Eurowings Discover took flight last weekend
- Aer Lingus is slightly limited in where its new UK ops can fly
- Planning international travel is harder than we want it to be
- A planespotter saved the live of a Royal Air Force pilot
And plenty more. Enjoy the show!