DLD51: I really just don’t know
I’m sorry. I was supposed to write the show notes up a couple days ago when the recording was fresh in my head and my thoughts were clear. Instead you get a vaguely drunk, vaguely informed version of show notes which are probably not too coherent. Maybe that’s penance for the part where the actual show was very sober and a bit “off” thanks to the mid-day Monday recording time.
These are the things I think we talked about:
- Delta’s growth in Seattle is awesome. They’re really getting strong there. And it comes at the expense of the historical Narita hub.
- Alaska Airlines changed their award charts for redemption on Delta. And it is all bad news.
- American has trimmed a few seasonal TATL routes out of Charlotte. It is not entirely clear why US Airways announced them in the first place, but the cuts are real.
- FlyerTalk killed the “Coupon Connection” portion of the site. Turns out that breaking the rules might get you in trouble.
- American has a new award chart and a number of changes, none of them good for passengers.
There is probably more but I really don’t remember. Will try to do better next time.