DLD 103: The TAAG-on Flight
Long Beach is growing, Eurowings is struggling and TAAG may be coming to Houston. Plus, the deal to open Cuba-US flights is ready to fly.
- Long Beach is adding slots for the first time in years, even though the current portfolio is not fully used
- Houston to Luanda? Apparently TAAG wants to operate the route, in part thanks to Emirates taking over management duties at the airline
- Cuba is back, with slots opening for direct access from the USA. But who will get them and where will they fly?
Also in this show:
- Air Canada is dropping service at JFK
- Lufthansa’s Eurowings longhaul LCC is struggling mightily
- Cancelled tickets and Expedia suck