We’ve got another live episode for you this week which means the video is probably better than the audio version. If for no other reason than to see a real Ted (RAR!) shirt in action. But if you just want to listen, we can do that, too.
Also in this episode:
- United announced a bunch of new routes, some of which are more of a stretch than others
- Basic Economy is selling really well, which might be bad news for airlines
- Joint ventures are a mess, with the Delta Air Lines/Virgin Australia deal the most recently affected, but does it matter
- Berlin’s Brandenburg airports is slated to open next month, but at least one lawsuit hopes to adversely affect those plans
- The 787s continue to face troubles, with several now grounded
For our Patreon subscribers we have bonus content, including:
- An analysis of what it takes to be a successful airline in this era
- Debate over the role of Unions in the future of airlines’ financial performance
- A bunch of Q&A from the guests during a special 30-minute extra broadcast we ran
And plenty more. Enjoy the show!