Mergers generally reduce competition. Upstarts increase it. And somewhere in the middle, we like to talk about all of options.
Also in this episode:
- Lufty needs options for 777X delay, and A380 is maybe on the list, but in the meantime, more 787-9s and even more 777X (freighters) on the books
- Oh, and that’s the same 777X that major lessors are now calling into question.
- Avelo gets an Orlando base, and the MCO-Charleston route sees new competition
- Breeze sets up shop in Provo, for a west coast base
- SkyClub Access rules changing
- Airbus production boost and A321XLR delay
- Avianca to buy Viva, but keep operating both brands in competition with each other
- Variability in companion benefits from different elite status programs
For our Patreon subscribers we have bonus content, including:
- AF 777 incident
- Turkish launching a ton of new Russia routes
- Smoking pilots may have caused the EgyptAir crash over the Med
And plenty more. Enjoy the show!
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.