Applications for Haneda slots are in from the US airlines and St. Helena is almost ready to open. Austin, Texas is on the docket as it more Mint-y freshness from JetBlue.
- Tokyo’s Haneda Airport continues to pique our interest as applications went in for the new daytime slots.
- St. Helena airport is set to open soon (though a delay was announced after we recorded).
- Delta is cutting back on some transatlantic service thanks to terror threats and weakening demand.
- Fozz is in Austin, Texas and he hasn’t seen the bats yet, but he is getting BBQ. Stephan has lots of opinions and some family in the area.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Also in this episode:
- JetBlue is adding more routes with its Mint premium service, going after the Alaska Airlines/Virgin America operation
- United Airlines came to terms on its Board of Directors revamp
- Richard Branson doesn’t want Virgin America to die but he likely doesn’t have a choice
- Elite Airways is launching a bunch of random routes on its CRJ-200 aircraft. Really random stuff. Thanks, @joelfreak, for the heads’ up on that.
- And National Airlines isn’t launching this summer after all.
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.