Aimia runs the loyalty programs for several airlines. A couple of them no longer want to be in that relationship and the process to untangle that web is interesting, to say the least. The Air Canada/Aeroplan buyout offer is still on the table while Aeromexico’s offer was rejected outright.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Also in this week’s show:
- Rehashing an older tale of the guy who scammed McDonald’s Monopoly game for years. And his quest for Delta Gold Medallion status.
- The TSA “Quiet Skies” program is all sorts of sketchy
- American is deferring A321neo deliveries, slowing its growth
- An Air Canada 787 made a wrong turn at Narita, causing a 5 hour delay for itself and a runway closure and scores of other delays/cancels for other airlines
- A few more details on the new Marriott program are out
- Delta is confirming new routes guaranteed to have the DeltaOne suites and Premium Select premium economy seating. Less well publicized is the associated downgrade for Comfort+ passengers that comes with the shift.
Be warned: If you booked @Delta in Comfort+ and your aircraft gets changed to a new A350/777 which has only Premium Select, they will simply kick you down to regular coach. If you want Premium Select, you'll have to pay the fare difference.
— Brett Snyder (@crankyflier) July 30, 2018
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.