As has happened several times since the pandemic began airlines are shaking up their route maps with idea so crazy they just might work. So which new destinations will work this time around??
Also in this episode:
- JetBlue has some interesting ideas about new markets that can benefit from its presence, particularly Miami and Raleigh-Durham, which just happen to be an American Airlines hub and a Delta focus city.
- American reacted with some new routes of its own from Fort Lauderdale, though it is also cutting TATL markets and otherwise trying to find a path to stability.
- US Congress finally passed another COVID recovery plan that probably isn’t the best use of money, especially with respect to how airlines are being treated.
- A new strain of COVID detected in London saw brisk reaction from much of the world, though the US is keeping its border open.
- Brexit is just around the corner and Ryanair is among the airlines feeling the pain after its plan to skip local ownership rules got busted by the UK CAA.
- The US Senate says Boeing coached its test pilots inappropriately around the recertification flights, which is definitely not good.
- Starlux is planning to fly to the USA in 2022.
- JetBlue makes some changes to Mosaic elite status in 2021.
- A passenger on a United flight died from COVID and the industry is struggling to handle it well.
- Stephan took a trip last week and was not impressed.
For our Patreon subscribers we have bonus content, including:
- Do you get bonus points for finally deciding to stop traveling now that it is dangerous despite taking many leisure trips throughout the rest of the year??
- All sorts of interesting happenings in India with potential changes of airline ownership.
And plenty more. Enjoy the show!