All four hosts are back this week and we’ve got plenty to talk about, including systems outages, mistake fares, fleet shuffles and trip planning.
- American Airlines has had a few systems outages, particularly with the AAdvantage program, in recent months. Is the merger progressing as smoothly as AA is trying to convince everyone it is?
- There have been a bunch of mistakes related to fares in the oneworld realm lately, including many premium cabin deals. Some are being honored while others are not. As a consumer it is getting harder and harder to tell what the airlines really think is a mistake and what is just a good sale. Especially with inconsistent behavior by the carriers after the fact.
- United Airlines is shifting a bunch of 787s to California. LAX will be all 787 for long-haul by mid-2016 and SFO is getting plenty as well, plus concentrating the 747s at the main west coast gateway.
- At what price point is it worth buying out of a middle seat? Or redeeming for a domestic economy class award. Not surprisingly we have slightly different views on the topic, but I think we all ended up with the same conclusion in this particular example.
- Have safety videos jumped the shark? We talk about the new Delta, United, Hawaiian and China Eastern offerings.
All that and more in this week’s show. Enjoy!
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.