Maybe we should’ve used this title and topic last week around Easter, but hopping islands is fun and we didn’t want to not share a new island hopper opportunity potentially launching later this year. Fortunately for Stephan, no isolated military base islands are involved in this one.
Also in this episode:
- American Airlines raised bag fees this week for one segment of its market, which is stupid in many ways
- Air Canada suspends transborder flights for a month
- Hello Kitty flights from EVA are suspended (but expected to return eventually)
- Will we see yin/yang seating on board in economy class? One seat manufacturer is proposing it as an option for airlines to consider.
- Delta Air Lines is rumored to be considering a deal that would see it return leased 717s to Boeing in exchange for buying new 737 MAX frames
We also take a reader question in this episode. Eoin will (theoretically) be visiting New York City later this year from Ireland and wants to make a domestic trip as part of the adventure. He’s looking for quality transcon premium products and some AvGeek fun. We’ve got a few idea about how he can head to Seattle for planes and more, including a couple extra segments to increase the coolness factor.
Finally, Seth is going to be in a couple online things over the coming week, including this week’s AvTalk podcast from FlightRadar24 and the FlightPlan webinar series from Inmarsat and APEX. Should be some good stuff in there.
Enjoy the show!
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.