So, what did Justin Bieber do after nearly being arrested for smoking pot on a charter flight to Teterboro prior to the Super Bowl? Go out partying with PointsHoarder’s producer Rolo, of course! That’s just one of the stories on tap in this week’s episode of the PointsHoarder podcast.
Also in the show:
- United has announced the de-hubbing of Cleveland. No surprise, but it still hurts them.
- Southwest announced new routes from Dallas’s Love Field. Lots of new lines to collect there.
- United’s new award charts finally took effect, a few days later than expected and with slightly better rules than expected. Still not great with the premium cabin partner awards now generally MUCH more expensive, but I’ll take the small victories.
- Both American Airlines and Alaska Airlines have new buy points promos live right now. And both might actually be decent pricing.
- Virgin Atlantic is cutting their service on Hong Kong – Sydney and pulling out of the Australia market completely. Could this be a move to have Virgin Australia pick up that market? Or is it another indicator that the Qantas/Emirates deal is making a killing on the Kangaroo routes?
- Hawaiian launched their Extra Comfort seating option with pricing details. And it seems quite compelling to me.
All that and more inside this week’s edition!
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.