JetBlue finally confirmed the worst-kept secret in commercial aviation: The company will convert some of its aircraft to the A321LR and launch service to Europe, with London the first stop. That service will also feature a new seat for the Mint business class cabin. Lots of additional details on the service remain to be seen.
Also in this episode:
- Is the 737 MAX production slowdown tied to an engine shortage?
- Why is a HiFly A380 headed to Senegal?
- A new world’s largest plane took flight over the weekend. But why??
- Can Midwest Express make a comeback? With or without cookies??
- Jet Airways continues to slide into oblivion, though it isn’t quite dead yet.
- Avianca Brasil is similarly collapsing but fewer people seem to care.
- Norwegian deferred some of its A320neo orders.
- An American Airlines A321 had a VERY scary departure from JFK.