Delta’s flight attendants are pursuing union representation again. Not surprisingly, management is opposed to the idea. The visuals on how management is fighting it, however, are slightly surprising. That also plays into a discussion around what it takes to be a strong leader, for airlines or otherwise. So many seem to be doing it poorly today, though Wall Street doesn’t mind as much as the employees and passengers do.
Also in this episode:
- El Al & Alaska are teaming up as partners in their loyalty programs
- The blogosphere is agog at Turkish Airlines getting downgraded by SkyTrax
- At least one Hyatt hotel has discovered a sneaky way to avoid making too many rooms available for reward bookings
- Norwegian is trimming its TATL route network this winter
- Gate assignments at the new Berlin Airport. Yes, really.
- Delta Air Lines is talking about expanding its free wifi program to full browsing sessions, not just messaging. Trials are underway. The carrier also is making it easier for lapsed elite status to be recovered for some passengers.
A fun new livery and random other bits round out the show. Enjoy!
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.