What does it take to get antitrust immunity approved? For Qantas and American Airlines the answer is a new administration in charge of the government and three extra years of time. But it should be worth it for the pair as their US-Australasia deal takes flight later this year.
We’ve got a shout-out in this episode to the crew running Extreme Hotel Deals and their new premium subscription option. Some impressive stuff being delivered regularly from them. Discount code: mailinglist gets a year of access for $39.50.
Also in this episode:
- United Airlines has a new layout coming to its 787s and it is a mix of good and bad news for passengers
- Will the Bangkok metro area see a third airport in the next decade?
- British Airways did an awesome fly-by performance with a 747 in retro colors plus the Red Arrows at RIAT over the weekend
- Some Cairo services suspended based on security uncertainty
- JAL’s first A350s are running on domestic routes and they look pretty darn for a domestic/short-haul config
- A tangential rant about lounges and particularly the Incheon T2 options
And lots, lots more.