Aircraft engines are causing more than their share of issues these days. Failures on the ground and in the air are raising lots of questions.
Also in this episode:
- Sun Country Stranded Passengers (interlining with AS still place)
- We now some some bits about the new Marriott loyalty program. Who got screwed?
- Some links for the engine issues stories, including the 787s, 737s, and private jets.
- United just took delivery of its first 737 MAX 9
- A question came in from listener Jonathan about AAdvantage routing rules and we’ve got the easy answer as well as a more involved discussion about choosing programs and optimizing efforts. Including some thoughts on when over-optimizing is a bad plan.
- United seems to finally be hitting its stride in Polaris retrofits. It will still take a couple years to complete the rollout and Premium Plus is now part of the work, too.
- Aviation relations between the US and Russia appear strained, including overflight rights and Visas for Russian crews
- Swaziland gets a new name
- Cal Jet Shutting Down to Grow
- Miami passenger tasered, taunts cops
Also, Stephan really likes this GIF: