Summer is ending, but travel continues. And optimism remains strong, at least in some segments of the industry.
Also in this episode:
Three tragic crashes over the weekend:
Biz jet failed to land in Germany as expected; eventually ran out of fuel between Latvia and Sweden (4 or 5 presumed dead)
- DHC-3 Otter floatplane with 10 aboard off Whidbey Island, WA
TAP landed on a motorcycle in Conakry
A 29 year old stole a plane in Tupelo, MS
- An 11 cent O-ring grounded the US Army Chinook helicopter fleet
- Not even death can exempt you from TSA screening.
- China Airlines buying 787s to replace A330s
- Speculation over the UA/Emirates announcement next week
- Passengers keep AirDropping nudes
- Saudi Arabia reporting plans for a new $30bn airline investment
- Silver Airways retired the Saab 340 fleet; now all ATRs
For our Patreon subscribers we have bonus content, including:
- Israel to block four engine aircraft from next year
- Air Canada Aeroplan stopovers now bookable online
- Thai Airways sold 5 A340s for about $10 million, and says that’s above the appraised value
And plenty more. Enjoy the show!