What if 20ish hour flights are neither special nor a good idea? Qantas continues to push forward with its “Project Sunrise” tests which are paving the way for nonstop service from Sydney to London and New York City. While such flights are technically possible, perhaps they’re not really what the industry should be focused on today?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Also in this episode:
- Delta created a new product bundle called SkyMiles Select that just might help funnel more customers into the ranks of its Medallion program.
- Aircraft boarding remains far more stupid an experience in the USA than elsewhere in the world.
- Uber/Lyft/taxi pickups are moving at LAX and from some of the headlines you might think the world is ending. But also many airports are doing similar things and it isn’t always terrible.
- Swiss briefly grounded its A220 fleet for engine issues, though the carrier did not disclose exactly what happened and the planes were back in the air pretty quickly.
- Southwest is raising the requirements for Companion Pass status in the Rapid Rewards program and changing a few other rules.
- Aero.com is trying to woo millenials with a luxury flying experience on CRJ200s. Think it’ll work??
And, as always, plenty more. Enjoy the show!
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.